Things to consider when choosing a Rotary Union
Monday 18th February 2019
There are many things to consider when choosing a Rotary Union ... see below for some examples.
When choosing a Rotary Union there are many factors to consider to ensure that you order the right one for your application, below are some of the things which you should consider;
- The Medium – This is the type of fluid that will be passing through the Union, such as; Air, Water, Steam, Oil, etc.
- The Temperature – Knowing the temperature of the fluid passing through the Union is key, because different types of Unions allow for different temperatures.
- The Speed – Knowing the speed of rotation for your application is also key, different types of Unions allow for different speeds.
- The Pressure – This is the internal pressure of the Medium.
- Space Available – Checking what space is available to you on your application to ensure that the Union will fit. You should also consider any guards that are in place.
- Pipework Fitted – This must allow free movement of the Rotary Union.
If you are unsure and need help deciding which Rotary Union would best suit your application, you can speak with our Technical Team who will be pleased to guide you through and advise you of the best solution.
Our Technical Team can be contacted either by phone on +44 1926 423 191 or by email at email@example.com
Rotary Unions and Packaging Aids
17th Mar 2023
Rotary Unions in the Plastic Floor Covering Industry.
22nd Feb 2023
18th Jan 2023
15th Dec 2022
23rd Nov 2022
18th Oct 2022
The Difference between Ball Bearing and Carbon Bearing Rotary Unions
21st Sep 2022
The History of Filton – the 2010’s to date.
17th Aug 2022
The History of Filton - the 2000's
13th Jul 2022
The History of Filton - the 1990's
22nd Jun 2022