Things to consider when choosing a Rotary Union
Monday 18th February 2019
There are many things to consider when choosing a Rotary Union ... see below for some examples.
When choosing a Rotary Union there are many factors to consider to ensure that you order the right one for your application, below are some of the things which you should consider;
- The Medium – This is the type of fluid that will be passing through the Union, such as; Air, Water, Steam, Oil, etc.
- The Temperature – Knowing the temperature of the fluid passing through the Union is key, because different types of Unions allow for different temperatures.
- The Speed – Knowing the speed of rotation for your application is also key, different types of Unions allow for different speeds.
- The Pressure – This is the internal pressure of the Medium.
- Space Available – Checking what space is available to you on your application to ensure that the Union will fit. You should also consider any guards that are in place.
- Pipework Fitted – This must allow free movement of the Rotary Union.
If you are unsure and need help deciding which Rotary Union would best suit your application, you can speak with our Technical Team who will be pleased to guide you through and advise you of the best solution.
Our Technical Team can be contacted either by phone on +44 1926 423 191 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
23rd Nov 2022
18th Oct 2022
21st Sep 2022
17th Aug 2022
13th Jul 2022
22nd Jun 2022
18th May 2022
20th Apr 2022
16th Mar 2022
16th Feb 2022